Sunday, May 10, 2009

Poolee Function May 2nd

Hello! May's poolee function was amazing! We went to Palisades State Park near Garretson South Dakota, and rappelled down one of their 50 ft. cliffs! It was the first time I have ever done something like that so it was a blast. We didn't just do this for fun though. It was to prepare us for boot camp. At boot camp, recruits learn rappelling which prepares Marines for deployment from helicopters, for navigating difficult terrain, and for gaining access to buildings during raids. From the rappel tower, recruits learn the proper way to brake, regulate speed
and land safely. I was very glad that we did something like this before we left. I was surprised with my confidence when it was my turn. Usually I am not good with heights, but when I got up there, the instructor from the Army ROTC program guided me through the steps and I was so busy following them that before I knew it, I was down. It really gave me a boost of confidence for boot camp rappelling. After that we were pretty much done! We didn't run an IST "initial strength test" this function. One exciting thing that is in the process of happening is me getting two referrals! I have a young man waiting to sign the papers to sign up, and I was the one that brought him in. You might ask why this is important? In the Marine Corps DEP, if you get two referrals before you leave, you will automatically graduate with the rank of PFC, Private First Class. This is huge and I suggest all poolees to take advantage of this! You will be that much ahead of your peers. That's it for the month of May! Other than that I have many friends leaving for boot camp this month including, Palo, Spanz, Welgraven, Lokonobei, and 2 others. Its incredible how fast the time has gone and before I know it, it will be my turn to claim the title, United States Marine!

Poolee Wollmann



1 comment:

rose said...

The site has been designed to ensure the user experience is enjoyable, efficient

and user friendly.
Thank you for sharing this great information, I found it very useful ..

Ocean jobs