Sunday, February 8, 2009

Family Night

Hey everyone! The poolee function for Jan. was cancelled due to the winter storm we had. With poolees travelling from as far as Mitchell and Pierre, it was a choice with regards to safety. But we defiantly had our share of fun during the month of Jan. We had a family night on Jan. 25th. This was a great time! Our recruiters were dressed in their blues, and every poolee there had family members. It was a great opportunity for families to mingle and discuss the Marines, and also a great time for parents to talk to Recruiters. They also had a great meal prepared for us. But the greatest part of the night was the D.I's. They flew in 3 Drill Instructors straight from MCRDSD, Marine Corps Recruiting Depot San Diego. We got into formation and called them in by yelling Drill Instructor 3 times at the top of our lungs. They came in, Drilled us for about 12 min. and put on a great show for our families. The first time I met the Drill Instructors I was very nervous and didn't want them by me. But now I understand that every second I can spend with them now, will make it easier when my day finally comes. After the drilling, we took our seats and parents were able to ask questions to the Drill Instructors. All in all it was a very very fun night! It is always a pleasure to see the Drill Instructors, my idols of the Marine Corps.


No comments: